What If Everyone (WIE) is our initiative to inspire people to serve humanity in practical ways. Our strategy is two-fold: first, to organize citywide serve days by partnering with local organizations, non-profits and businesses; and second, to be a resource for individuals who desire to serve their community. Save the date: our next citywide serve day is Saturday, May 19. If you are interested in leading a project contact Ashley Fazal. Also, volunteer registration will open soon, check back here!
What If Everyone is excited to launch BAGS OF HOPE, which is the weekend backpack meal program for Winding Springs Elementary. In Mecklenburg County, 35% of households with kids face food insecurity. Winding Springs Elementary is a Title 1 school with a 97% poverty level. When school is closed many of the students go hungry. We are starting a weekly initiative to provide a bag full of ready to eat or easy to prepare food for designated students to have over the weekend. A lack of adequate food leads to poor academic performance. We can help change that!
- Donate specified food items and plastic grocery bags
- Sponsor a child for a week, a month or a school year ($7, $28, $250)
- Help sort food and pack bags weekly
- Take packed bags to the school each Friday
- Do a food drive at your office, school, etc.
- Single serve size peanut butter packs
- Canned soup, chili, pasta, preferably pop top
- Single serve size cereal, oatmeal
- Single serve mac-n-cheese
- Granola or cereal bars
- Applesauce or fruit cups
- Tuna or chicken in pouch or pop top
- Shelf stable milk or 100% juice
- Single serve size snacks, crackers, pretzels, etc.
Please bring your donations to the North Campus at the Hope Center on Sundays or Mon.-Thurs. during office hours. If you have questions please email Ashley Fazal.